EVS vacancies at Spin (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the Hosting and Coordinating organization, is currently looking for one Italian and one Polish volunteer for an approved EVS project starting in September 2016!
Hosting: Associação Spin
Sending IT: Joint
Sending PL: Bona Fides
Project name: “Down to Earth”
Activity start date: 1st September 2016
Activity end date: 31st May 2017
Activity duration: 9 months
Vacancies: 2 (1 Italian resident and 1 Polish resident)
Application deadline: 20th July 2016
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to:
If you live in Italy send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you live in Poland send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Associação Spin para o Intercâmbio, Formação e Cooperação entre os Povos («Spin Association for Exchange, Training and Cooperation among Peoples») is a non-profit nationwide association, whose primary aim is to organize, promote and implement cultural activities, training courses, intercultural exchanges and international cooperation. Its headquarters is located in Bairro Padre Cruz – Lisbon, Portugal.
Activities proposed to the volunteers:
The volunteers will participate in the activities of the European Programmes and Mobility Department by collaborating in:
– Contribute by researching, brainstorming and ideas for elaboration of new project proposals on the frames of the Erasmus+, European Youth Foundation, Council of Europe and others in the field of youth, training and education;
– Support the Coordination of volunteers for sending activities, such as assisting in the preparation of their CV and motivation letters, orientation for departure and travel arrangements;
– Support the organization and implementation of international youth exchanges, international trainings, partnership-building activities and seminars;
– Help the organization and active participation in Information Sessions about Erasmus+ at the office, in schools, seminars and conferences in order to promote the program;
– Research and collect information about European opportunities for young people for the elaboration of the monthly newsletter and update information on the website, blog, Facebook and Twitter
In the Image and Communication Department, volunteers will :
– Contribution to the research and elaboration of information contents and texts, graphic design and regular updates of the blog, website, Facebook and twitter pages;
– Preparation, formatting and mailing of the monthly newsletter;
– Elaboration of brochures, posters, flyers and promotional materials;
– Distribution of flyers, brochures, posters and other promotional materials for youth related events in the neighborhood where the office is based, in the Carnide area and specifically in schools and Universities of Lisbon Metropolitan area;
– Documenting all Spin’s activities and dissemination of information.
All volunteers will also participate in providing support in the management and to the staff of the SPIN Hostel (by hosting people, answering to requests of information, cooking and cleaning together with international groups, arranging cultural activities with the groups staying in the Hostel, decorating the rooms, creating and maintaining the communication regarding the Hostel).
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & Hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and city center as possible. If the apartment will be located in the city center, volunteers will spend 35-45 minutes in bus and subway to reach the hosting placement.
The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person.
Room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin.
- Food – A monthly allowance of 185,65 Euros will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportations.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 100 Euros for pocket money.
- Working hours – Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language lessons, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
Volunteers are entitled to two days off for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities.
It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. We will give priority to candidates who have at least a basic level of Portuguese.
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in September 2016
- only candidates residing in Italy or in Poland can apply (our sending partner organizations are from these countries, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview)
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 15th through our website.