What is a Training Course?
A short duration learning programme (usually one week long) about specific topics, with the objective of improving the competencies, knowledge and attitude of the participants.
Training Courses lead to a higher quality of work in the youth field, specifically in “Youth in Action” projects.
Conditions for participating
– Be a resident in one of the Programme countries*.
– No age limit.
Usually, the activities should not last longer than 10 days (excluding travel days). The appropriate duration can change accordingly to the type of activity organised. The training can be held at any time of the year.
Number of participants
Up to 50 participants (including trainers and facilitators). The appropriate number of participants depends on the nature and type of activity.
What does the programme offer to the participants?
– Accommodation, activities, insurance, visas etc.
– Reimbursement of up to 100% of the international travel costs according to the European Commission’s limits
How much are the participation fees?
The participation cost depends on the organiser of the training. Normally, participants pay a small participation fee (directly to the organiser at the beginning of the training) and the total cost of the travel (which will be reimbursed after the training).
All the participants are eligible to receive a Youthpass certificate, which describes and validates all the acquired experiences and competences of both non formal and formal learning during this project.
Throughout the process two parts are mandatory:
– hosting organisation** (responsible for the logistic part of the training, for the preparation of the programme and activities and for the selection and organisation of the hosting country national group).
– sending organisation(s) (responsible for the preparation of the programme and for the selection and organisation of their country national group).
Selection process and the pre-departure steps***
- As soon as we are informed that a training course has been approved by the National Agency in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, we provide information about the training through our communication channels (website, blog, newsletter, Facebook page, etc.) From then on, the selection of the participants begins!
- Inform us as soon as possible if you are interested in participating at a training course promoted or organized by Spin! The ones who get in touch with us in advance are more likely to get a vacancy on the training.
- Fill in our application form and sign the rules of participation.
- Spin will analyse your application. The selection is made according to the interests, motivation, opportunities for participation, age and personal profile adequacy to the proposed activities, among other factors.
- If you get selected, you must buy your plane ticket. The participants have to cover the whole amount of the cost of the trip (which will be reimbursed after the training). Don’t worry, Spin will assist you in the purchase of the ticket.
* Countries Participating in the programme: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Island, Italia, Latvia,, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and United Kingdom
** Can be hosts: non-government organizations (NGO) or non-profit organisations, regional or local public bodies, informal groups of young people or bodies active at European level in the youth field.
*** This procedure is not a rule for all exchanges, since it all depends on the promoter of the training and the “Youth in Action” programme rules. All the specific information about each exchange will be sent to the ones interested.