EVS vacancy at Associação Salvador (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as Coordinating organization, is currently looking for one Italian volunteer for an approved EVS project starting in September 2017!
Host: Associação Salvador
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 01-09-2017
Activity end date: 31-08-2018
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Italian residents only)
Application deadline: 6th August 2017
Application consists of: CV and a project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Associação Salvador is a non-profit organization, created in 2003 by Salvador Mendes de Almeida, who became tetraplegic at 16 due to a motorbike accident. Associação Salvador’s mission is to promote the integration of the physically disabled in the society and to improve their quality of life, by developing realistic and efficient projects in the following areas: Social Integration, Physical Accessibilities and Tourism, Road Safety and Research & Development.
Typical activities for the volunteers are:
– Receive and provide information about Salvador’s projects to the general population&associates
– Collaborate for updating the Association’s website, social media and newsletter with contents
– Support in daily management & administrative procedures of Salvador’s projects, both in&outdoors
– Production of series of short films (and photographs) about themes&events relevant for the association’s purposes
– Participate in Salvador’s events (create group dynamics, school lectures,conferences, visit exhibitions, support people less autonomous in activities of daily life)
– Promotion of sports&mobility of people with motor disabilities
– Support the campaign “Fullfill this Life” that provides direct support to people with disabilities. Therefore, new perspectives and project proposals from the volunteers are welcomed.
Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. Their timetable will include space for work in the Association, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas, etc.
Concerning the stay of the EVS volunteers, the coordinating organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in an apartment, double bedroom with fully equipped kitchen, toilet, laundry facilities and living room. The costs with electricity, water, gas, are covered by the Coordinating Organization. The volunteers will have to share the apartment with other volunteers/students/young people. Each volunteer will also be sharing their room with another youngster, volunteer or student, of the same gender. The flat will have all standard and safe living conditions as well as respect all hygiene and general Portuguese safety standards. It will be located as close as possible to the workplace and the city center. The Coordinating Organization will provide towels and bed linen for the entire period of the project.
The volunteer will use the public transportation network with the “Lisboa Viva” card which will be provided.A monthly allowance of 186,20 euros is provided by the coordinating organization to cover food expenses and local public transportation. Every month the volunteer will also receive 122.22 Euros for pocket money.
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people with disabilities and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities, specially unemployment situations (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese/photography /video editing is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- The project “Step Forward!” has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in September;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline;
- all the applications must be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org EXCLUSIVELY; applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) or other e-mail addresses will not be considered;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 20th through our website.