EVS vacancy at JFL-CAF S.Vicente (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the coordinating organization, is currently looking for one Italian volunteer for our partner institution, Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar - CAF São Vicente.
Project name: Hands Down!
Host: Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar (926107889)
Coordinator: Associação Spin (947503082)
Sending: Associazione di Promozione Sociale JOINT (948386655)
Project EVS service dates: 1st September 2017 – 31th August 2018 (12 months)
Vacancies: 1 (for Italian residents exclusively)
Application deadline: 13th July, 2017
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar, is the local administrative unit of the Lumiar area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteers are going to cooperate with the Education Department, namely they are going to work at one local after-school recreation center (Quinta dos Frades and S.Vicente Schools – CAF São Vicente).
The volunteers’ tasks will be to:
- Facilitate and promote activities with children and youngsters of S.Vicente and Qt Frades schools and, punctually, with Center of Arts and Training located at BºCruz Vermelha
- Helping design and implement activities in the area of non-formal education together with the coordinating team and monitors
- Prepare materials, tools for activities both indoor/outdoor
- Support the coordinating team, monitors and children in study-field trips and visits
- Elaborate after-school activities and support homework
- Support Educators during summer animations activities with children and youngsters
Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar – CAF São Vicente intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. Their timetable will include space for work at the local after-school centers, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas, etc. Concerning the stay of the EVS volunteers, the coordinating organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in an apartment, double bedroom with fully equipped kitchen, toilet, laundry facilities and living room. The costs with electricity, water, gas, tv, are covered by the Coordinating Organization.The volunteers will have to share the apartment with other volunteers/students/young people.
Each volunteer will also be sharing their room with another youngster, volunteer or student, of the same gender. The flat will have all standard and safe living conditions as well as respect all hygiene and general Portuguese safety standards. It will be located as close as possible to the workplace and the city center. The Coordinating Organization will provide towels and bed linen for the entire period of the project. The volunteer will use the public transportation network with the “Lisboa Viva” card which will be provided. A monthly allowance is provided by the coordinating organization to cover food expenses and local public transportation, including also pocket money.
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with children and youngsters and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in psycho-social animation sector in a special community of Lisbon, Lumiar. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in September
- only candidates residing in Italy can apply (our sending partner organization is from Italy, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- as this volunteer placement involves direct work with children, the selected volunteers will have to provide us with their criminal record certificates
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline
- send your applications to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) will not be considered
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview)
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 16th through our website.