EVS/ESC vacancy at Crescer na Maior, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 EVS/ESC volunteer for a project with our local partner Crescer na Maior, starting in September 2018!
Hosting: Crescer Maior
Activity start date: 1st September 2018
Activity end date: 31st May 2019
Activity duration: 9 months
Vacancies: 1 (resident in a Program or Partner Country)
Application deadline: 16th April 2018
Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, presentation about Crescer Maior (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
Crescer na Maior – Community Intervention Association, implements and develops several projects in the urban area of Lisbon and Tagus Valley, currently with seven active projects – Western Outreach Team, Eastern Outreach Team, the Project É UMA CASA, Lisbon Housing First, Cultiv’Art Project, a Professional Integration Office, Espaço Âncora and a new project that aims to integrate the refugees in our community. All of our projects have a main goal – to intervene with the most vulnerable populations, helping them to improve their life conditions, addressing both social and health areas.
Our vision is to become a national reference organization in promoting community integration of the most vulnerable populations and our mission is to promote health, harm reduction and community integration of the most vulnerable populations – drug users, homeless people, sex workers, people in a fragile socioeconomic situation, refugees – through community intervention projects.
– Support the Coordinating teams in the daily activities of the projects;
– Follow-up of beneficiaries to various social and health structures; Follow-up on home visits to the beneficiaries (refugees, homeless people, drug users, etc.) together with the coordinating team;
– Support in finding rooms for people who are finishing /who have already finished the program; Support in assembling and furniture the houses;
– Organization of cultural and leisure activities of the beneficiaries’ interest;
– Support in collecting data from the several projects;
– Participation in team meetings and discussion of cases;
– Support in the search of work for beneficiaries, support for the creation of CVs, motivation letters, etc.;
– Support in Marhaba – Middle East at the table – by supporting the event, cooking workshops, etc.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 40 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 186,70€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive around 122€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
Crescer na Maior intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about social, community work and other cultures. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, responsibility and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people facing exclusion and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action. Any knowledge in Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
According to the 2018 Erasmus+ rules, all candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about CrescerMaior’s work (the format is absolutely free for you to choose; for the best content do a little research on CrescerMaior’s website and communication channels!).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter+short presentation) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April, 16th 2018.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has NOT received funding from the Erasmus+ Program yet, so it is NOT 100% sure that it will start in September 2018; we will apply for the Erasmus+ funding on April, 26th;
- candidates from both Programme and Partner Countries may apply;
- please make sure you have a Sending Organization before you apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (April, 16th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by April, 27th through our website.