EVS/ESC vacancy at A.A.M.A., Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 EVS/ESC volunteer for a project with our local partner A.A.M.A. (Association of Adapted Motor Activity) starting in September 2018!
Activity start date: 1st September 2018
Activity end date: 31st August 2019
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (resident in a Program or Partner Country)
Application deadline: 15th April 2018
Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, presentation about AAMA Association (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
The Association of Adapted Motor Activity (A.A.M.A) is a national non-profit association that supports people with disabilities and other special needs in the sports, therapeutic, artistic, recreational, educational and training spheres. In this project volunteers will work mainly with the Program for Early Intensive Intervention and Integration in Regular Education developed at the College Flor do Campo, but can also participate in other activities of the Association. This program is aimed at children between the ages of 2 and 6 years with Global Developmental Disorders and arises from the need to provide these children with fundamental basic skills and tools that allow them to be integrated into regular teaching rooms.
– Support the Coordinating team of the Early Intervention and Integration in Regular Education
– Supporting children with special educational needs in activities of daily routine;
– Implementation and creation of activities related to fine/global motricity and independent play;
– Help in the integration of children in regular teaching rooms;
– Support AAMA’s summer camps, based on an 1 to 1 approach (meaning the volunteer will
accompany one child at a time);
– Collaborate for the implementation of AAMA’s events and campaigns.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 50 minutes to reach the working place (College Flor do Campo in Ramada). The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 186,70€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive around 122€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
AAMA intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about this field of work and other cultures. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience, responsibility and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people with disabilities and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action. Any knowledge in Health, Special needs’ Education and Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
According to the 2018 Erasmus+ rules, all candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about AAMA’s work (the format is absolutely free for you to choose; for the best content do a little research on AAMA’s website and communication channels!).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter+short presentation) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April, 15th 2018.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has NOT received funding from the Erasmus+ Program yet, so it is NOT 100% sure that it will start in September 2018; we will apply for the Erasmus+ funding on April, 26th;
- candidates from both Programme and Partner Countries may apply;
- please make sure you have a Sending Organization before you apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (April, 15th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by April, 27th through our website.