EVS vacancy at Academia Senior, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 EVS/ESC Spanish volunteer for an already approved project with our local partner, JFC -Academia Senior de Carnide, starting in September, 2018!
Hosting: Junta de Freguesia de Carnide – Senior Academy
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Sending: Asociación Cultural Muxelka
Activity start date: 1st September 2018
Activity end date: 31th August 2019
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Spanish residents only)
Application deadline: July, 15th 2018
Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, small presentation about an activity (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, is the local administrative unit of the Carnide area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteer is going to work in the Senior Academy (a type of a Third Age University).
- Cooperate with Senior Academy’s volunteers and Coordinators
- Support the cultural and recreational activities promoted in the Academy, such as language and dance classes
- Promote and implement cultural and recreational workshops for the seniors (ex: language teaching workshop, dance, handicrafts, etc.)
- Participate and support the Organization of Senior’s Arraial and Christmas Lunch, Carnival, etc.
- Support to organization and implementation of cultural visits
- Participate in Elder’s summer colonies
Junta de Freguesia de Carnide – Academia Senior intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval. To get a general idea of the EVS at Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, watch a four-part documentary made about previous volunteers (it is in Portuguese): part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 156,70€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation. The volunteer will be provided with lunch free of charge on every working day.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 152€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about this field of work and other cultures. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, creativity, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with senior citizens and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to knowmore about the work developed in this field of action. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
According to the 2018 Erasmus+ rules, all candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- presentation about an idea/activity you would like to implement in the Academy.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project, “Change+” has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in September
- only candidates residing in Spain can apply (our sending partner organization is from Spain, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (July, 15th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by July, 19th through our website.