ESC vacancy at Associação Salvador, Lisbon, Portugal
Hosting Organization: Associação Salvador
Coordinating Organization: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st March 2021
Activity end date: 28th February 2022
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for residents in EU or EFTA)
Application deadline: January 24th, 2021
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV + project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: email@example.com
Associação Salvador is a non-profit organization, created in 2003 by Salvador Mendes de Almeida, who became tetraplegic at 16 due to a motorbike accident. Associação Salvador’s mission is to promote the integration of the physically disabled in the society and to improve their quality of life, by developing realistic and efficient projects in the following areas: Social Integration, Physical Accessibilities and Tourism, Road Safety and Research & Development.
– Participation in awareness-raising events in the area of accessibility;
– Support in the creation and operationalization of awareness actions for one of the main factors of social exclusion of people with motor disabilities (the lack of accessibility);
– Production of promotional material within the scope of actions and events in the area of accessibility,
– Administrative and management work related to the accessibility project;
– Support in the implementation of a communication campaign;
– Support for the Accessibility Day 2021;
– Benchmarking of accessibility initiatives in Portugal and in the world;
– Support for the fundraising program in terms of regular donors;
– Administrative work in the area of loyalty of regular donors, namely mailings and research work;
– Contribution to the implementation of the “Face to Face” project in the areas of planning and logistics, team management, through: telephone contacts, document production, placement of recruitment ads, online surveys, distribution of flyers and posters, production of promotional materials (photos and videos) among others.
New perspectives and project proposals from the volunteers are welcomed.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation;
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation;
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money;
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm.
We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people with disabilities and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action. Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 24th, 2021.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- Please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- This project has already received funding from the ESC Program;
- This is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- Only residents in EU or EFTA countries may apply;
- We only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- We can’t consider applications sent after the deadline (January 24th);
- Due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- All the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 14th through our website.