“We are the European Parliament” Youth Exchange
We are currently looking for sending partners for a multilateral KA1 Youth Exchange! We intend to apply for the Erasmus+ funding on April, 26th. If you are interested in being our partner organization, read the call below!
Project title: We are the European Parliament!
Theme: democracy&youth participation, critical thinking, media
Host Organization: Associação Spin
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Exchange dates: 10-18 November 2018
APV dates: 12 – 14 October 2018
Partner application deadline: 25 April 2018
– 5 sending partner organisations from European Union countries
– 5 participants per country: 1 group leader (at least 18, no upper age limit) and 4 participants (18-30, but preferably 18-25)
“We are the European Parliament!” is a Youth Exchange project (KA1), which will engage 30 young people from 6 different EU countries. We will develop activities concerning the European Parliament elections in May 2019, focused especially on democracy and active participation of youngsters in today’s society & using primarily non-formal education methods.
– to encourage youth to vote in the 2019 EP election & follow current EU affairs
– to promote the values of democracy (pluralism, freedom of speech, tolerance, etc.) among youth and general society
– to create an online youth-made campaign to encourage general society to vote
– to promote active participation among the European society
– to combat populism, extremism, censorship and propaganda
– to promote the knowledge of Bairro Padre Cruz and Carnide areas
– to create intercultural learning moments among the participants from several European countries and between them and the community of Carnide
– workshops (non-formal methodology)
– street interviews
– presentations on current situation in home countries
– meeting with local politicians
– study visits (museum & EP representation in Lisbon
– preparation of an online audio-visual campaign for the 2019 EP elections
– the travels (APV and YE) will be reimbursed up to the limit established by the Erasmus+ Program Guide within 3 months after the Youth Exchange
– accommodation, food and activities will be covered by the host organization
– there is no participation fee
Partner Organization´s responsibilities:
– select and prepare(!) the leaders and participants for the exchange (preparation is not only to help in the ticket purchase, but also to exhaustively explain to the participants what a YE is and what type of methodology will be used); both the leaders and the participants must know from early on that they are not tourists and that free time will be scarce
– make sure that all leaders attend the APV (12-14 October) and lead some of the YE´s activities
– make sure the participants take active part in the preparatory phase: investigate and prepare presentations
– disseminate the online campaign made during the YE in April and May 2019 through all communication channels (Newsletter, Facebook, www, Instagram, Twitter and any other that the organisation uses)
- contribute to the general visibility and dissemination of the project
To be partners, you should:
– be an eligible institution from a Program Country (having all the necessary documents up-to-date on the Participant Portal)
– read this call very carefully and agree to all its conditions
– send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by April, 25th (please make sure you mention the name “We are the European Parliament!” in the subject line of your e-mail).
Please share this call with all interested organizations. We are looking forward to your applications and to cooperating with you!