ESC vacancy at SPEAK, Lisbon, Portugal
Hosting Organisation: SPEAK
Coordinating Organisation: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st November 2021
Activity end date: 31th October 2022
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (open to all program & partner countries)
Application deadline: 29th August 2021
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV and project specific motivation letter+ presentation (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
The Association aims to support, promote and encourage among young people, a philosophy of universal humanitarian values based on loyalty, fairness, dignity, justice and solidarity, working actively to aid multi-disabilities, fight against discrimination, exclusion and poverty, always rejecting any racial, political or religious commitments, without prejudice to the right of opinion, cooperation and assistance.
- Create and facilitate non-formal education language and culture workshops;
- Prepare their own language and culture sessions with group dynamics and pedagogical materials (with help from the team);
- Help to improve and develop new pedagogical materials;
- Help to organize intercultural events with the SPEAK local community;
- Provide support to the SPEAK community, answering queries and implementing quality control processes.
The volunteer will also be highly encouraged to implement, individually or in group, his/her own project activities/ideas with the support and guidance of the hosting organisation.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city centre as possible. If the apartment is located in the city centre, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so, wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, initiative and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who are available to commit to a long-term experience of volunteer work abroad. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities. Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about SPEAK (the format is absolutely free for you to choose!; for the best content do a little research on their website and communication channels!).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + SPEAK) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29th August 2021.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- candidates residing in any of the program countries may apply;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by September 30th through our website.