ESC vacancy at CML, Social Rights Dept., Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 volunteer for an ESC project starting in October 2021!
Host: Câmara Municipal de Lisboa (Lisbon City Council)
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 01-10-2021
Activity end date: 30-09-2022
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for EU or EFTA residents only)
Application deadline: 18-07-2021
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV and a project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Câmara Municipal de Lisboa is the executive body of the municipality and its mission is to define and execute policies that promote the development of the Municipality in different areas. This project will be especially related to
one of the Municipality Departments, namely the Social Rights Department. Within the department, Lisbon City Council assumes the mission to promote Volunteering as a space for participation in the city and as a resource to
community service through the ongoing Municipal Volunteer Program (PMV), the municipality of Lisbon can provide a wide range of opportunities for participation in voluntary actions.
– Promote and disseminate volunteering and local initiatives;
– Condict a report age about the importance of volunteering and the work developed last year, in the context of the covid-19 pandemic, in Lisbon;
– Accompany and support the coordination team in visits to all partners of the Municipal Program that welcome volunteers;
– Support the Coordinating team in simple administrative procedures;
– Prepare materials and tools (physical and on-line) for activities indoor and outdoor;
– Support the development of voluntary actions or projects in the following areas: environment, citizenship, sport culture, social rights, economy and innovation, animal protection, etc.;
The volunteer will also be highly encouraged to implement,individually or in group, his/her own project activities/ideas.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. Priority may be given to candidates who have at least a basic level of Portuguese, however it’s not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter,
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter ) should be sent to email@example.com no later than on July, 18th 2021.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 9th through our website.