EVS vacancy in Viver Telheiras (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for one volunteer from Italy for an EVS project starting in March, 2018!
Project name: Make up your Mind!
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Hosting Organization: Viver Telheiras
Sending Organization: Scambieuropei
Project EVS service dates: 1st March 2018 – 28th February 2019 (12 months)
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which facilitates community dynamics in the neighborhood of Telheiras, in Lisbon, interconnecting local population, institutions and economic activities’ interests and needs. It works together with all these groups, in order to achieve a better overall quality of life in the neighborhood of Telheiras.
EVS volunteers specific tasks in Hosting Organization Viver Telheiras are:
- Search and collect information from our partners in order to get information for the “Viver Telheiras” online platform and to provide information to the population;
- Collaborate for updating the Association’s website with contents;
- Support in daily management and simple administrative procedures, both indoors and outdoors;
- Be part of the team that organizes the Neighborhood Festival where music, dance, sports, culture are all put together in a big “street social party”;
- Production of series of short films (and photographs) about the neighborhood, its residents, commerce and activities.
- Support in the organization of social and cultural events for the local community;
- Organize workshops.
Volunteers are going to be considered and treated as members of the team and they will work in an intercultural environment, both formal and non-formal. They will be expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The timetable will include space for work, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation: Coordinating Organization Associação Spin will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and city center as possible. If the apartment will be located in the city center, volunteers will spend 35-45 minutes in bus and subway to reach the hosting placement. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person.
- Food: A monthly allowance of 186,70 Euros will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money: Every month the volunteer will receive 122.33 Euros for pocket money.
- Working hours: Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language lessons, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc. Volunteers are entitled to two days off for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras would like to host pro-active volunteers, aged between 18-30 years, who bring their own ideas and opinions and that are able to jump into this journey that is a neighborhood project – with energy to collaborate with ongoing projects but also to add their own point of view or to create new ones.
They are not required to have any particular degree of formal education, the project is open to all volunteers who show interest in social and environmental issues and are willing to be part of the process of change in the course of nowadays society, tackling the problems we are currently facing as a community.
It would be also good if you also enjoy and have skills in communication and media, like writing articles and working with video and photography, although this isn’t a must.
Having some previous knowledge of the Portuguese language would also be good, but not obligatory.
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application deadline: 24th January, 2018
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- the project “Make up your Mind!” has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in March 2018
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline
- applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) will not be considered
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview)
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 15th through our website