EVS Vacancy at J.F.C., Culture Dept., Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 EVS/ESC Italian volunteer for an already approved project with our local partner Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, for the Culture Dept., starting in June, 2018!
Hosting: Junta de Freguesia de Carnide
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st June 2018
Activity end date: 31st May 2019
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Italian residents only)
Application deadline: May, 6th 2018
Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, small presentation about an activity (more information below)
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, is the local administrative unit of the Carnide area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteer is going to work for the Culture Dept., specifically at the Library Natalia Correia.
– Support the Library’s team, reception and Internet area;
– Support for the development and implementation of adult training projects in ICT (information and communicating technologies);
– Support to the youth’s Internet area – support for research and homework;
– Collaboration with the team in the elaboration of ICT materials, supporting the activities and its implementation in the library;
– Elaboration and implementation, with the young readers, of a bulletin/digital newspaper online;
– Support and create activities with children, youth and adults;
– Organization of the Library’s collection and archive;
– Support for cultural initiatives organized by the Parish Local Council (fairs, concerts, exhibitions, etc.).
Junta de Freguesia de Carnide – Culture Dept. intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval. To get a general idea of the EVS at Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, watch a four-part documentary made about previous volunteers (it is in Portuguese): part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 186,70€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 152€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated (both within the hosting organization and with the local partners in Carnide). We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with cultural projects and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in the area of culture for a special Lisbon community of Carnide. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
According to the 2018 Erasmus+ rules, all candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- presentation about an idea/activity you would like to implement at the Library.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project, “Change+” has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in June
- only candidates residing in Italy can apply (our sending partner organization is from Italy, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (May, 6th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by May, 15th through our website.