EVS Vacancy at SPEA, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 EVS/ESC Spanish volunteer for an already approved project with our local partner, Sociedade Portuguesa para o Estudo das Aves, starting in June, 2018!
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Sending: Asociación Mundus – Un Mundo a tus Pies
Activity start date: 1st June 2018
Activity end date: 31st May 2019
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Spanish residents only)
Application deadline: May, 6th 2018
Application consists of: Filling this google form + CV and project specific motivation letter
Application sent to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds is a non-governmental non-profit environment organization that promotes the study and conservation of birds and their habitats in Portugal, funded in 1993. It is the Portuguese member of BirdLife International.
The volunteer will be mainly involved in “Birds and Powerlines”, and “Life Rupis” projects, among
others, with a diversity of tasks including field work, office and lab work:
– Field work: prospection of birds under powerlines; egyptian vulture marking/monitoring (Life Rupis);
participation in birdwatching and environmental education activities;
– Office work: data analysis with Excel and ArcGIS; internet search on several conservation themes such
as ilegal capture of birds- Lab work: Help with the treatment of feather and bird bones for SPEA Reference collections;
– Support other staff members of SPEA with their projects;
– Possibility of developing a personal project.
SPEA intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 186,70€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 152€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with environment related issues, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in ornithology and environmental preservation in Portugal . Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult your sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
According to the 2018 Erasmus+ rules, all candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fulfill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail)::
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project, “Change+” has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in June
- only candidates residing in Spain can apply (our sending partner organization is from Spain, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (May, 6th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by May, 15th through our website.