ESC vacancies at JFL-Education Dept., Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating organization, is currently looking for 2 ESC volunteers for an approved project with our local partner Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar – Education Dept., starting in March, 2019!
Hosting: Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar (926107889)
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st March 2019
Activity end date: 29th February 2020
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 2 (for French and Polish residents only)
Application deadline: February, 3rd 2019
Application consists of: CV, project-specific motivation letter, small presentation about an activity (more information below)
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar, is the local administrative unit of the Lumiar area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteers are going to cooperate with the Education Department, namely they are going to work at local school recreation centers (Quinta dos Frades and S.Vicente Schools - Vicentix, Futurix and CAF Bairro Cruz Vermelha)
- Collaborate with the Education/Educator’s Coordinating team
- Facilitate and promote activities with children and school community
- Program and implement new projects in the area of education together with the Coordinating team and Educators
- Prepare materials, tools for activities with children, both indoors and outdoors
- Support in after-school activities for children and youngsters
- Support for elaboration of children’s and youngsters homeworks
- Contribute for teaching songs, dances and play games with children and youngsters
- Support the Educators during Summer animations activities with children and youngsters
- Participate in meetings with parents and Educators
JFLumiar intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with children and youngsters and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad . Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- presentation about an idea/activity you would like to implement with the children at the centers.
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter+short presentation) should be sent to email@example.com no later than February, 3rd 2019 .
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- only candidates from or residing in France and Poland may apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (February, 3rd);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 15th through our website.