ESC vacancy at Associação Salvador, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as Coordinating organization, is currently looking for one Italian volunteer for an approved ESC project starting in March 2019!
Host: Associação Salvador
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 01-03-2019
Activity end date: 29-02-2020
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Italian residents only)
Application deadline: 9th February 2019
Application consists of: CV and a project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associação Salvador is a non-profit organization, created in 2003 by Salvador Mendes de Almeida, who became tetraplegic at 16 due to a motorbike accident. Associação Salvador’s mission is to promote the integration of the physically disabled in the society and to improve their quality of life, by developing realistic and efficient projects in the following areas: Social Integration, Physical Accessibilities and Tourism, Road Safety and Research & Development.
Typical activities for the volunteers are:
– Receive and provide information about Salvador’s projects to the general population&associates
– Collaborate for updating the Association’s website, social media and newsletter with contents
– Support in daily management & administrative procedures of Salvador’s projects, both in&outdoors
– Production of series of short films (and photographs) about themes&events relevant for the association’s purposes
– Participate in Salvador’s events (create group dynamics, school lectures,conferences, visit exhibitions, support people less autonomous in activities of daily life)
– Promotion of sports&mobility of people with motor disabilities
– Support the campaign “Fullfill this Life” that provides direct support to people with disabilities. New perspectives and project proposals from the volunteers are welcomed.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with people with disabilities and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in this field of action. Any knowledge of Portuguese/photography /video editing is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter) should be sent to email@example.com no later than February, 9th 2019.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline (February, 9th);
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 20th through our website.