ESC vacancy in Viver Telheiras, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 ESC volunteer for our partner organization, Associação Viver Telheiras.
Hosting: Viver Telheiras
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st November 2019
Activity end date: 31st October 2020
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for residents in EU or EFTA countries)
Application deadline: 25th September, 2019
Application consists of: CV and project specific motivation letter
Application sent to: email@example.com
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which facilitates community dynamics in the neighborhood of Telheiras, in Lisbon, interconnecting local population, institutions and economic activities’ interests and needs. It works together with all these groups, in order to achieve a better overall quality of life in the neighborhood of Telheiras.
- Search and collect information from our partners in order to get information for the “Viver Telheiras” online platform and to provide information to the population;
- Collaborate for updating the Association’s website with contents;
- Support in daily management and simple administrative procedures, both indoors and outdoors;
- Be part of the team that organizes the Neighborhood Festival where music, dance, sports, culture are all put together in a big “street social party”;
- Production of series of short films (and photographs) about the neighborhood, its residents, commerce and activities.
- Support in the organization of social and cultural events for the local community;
- Organize workshops.
Volunteers are going to be considered and treated as members of the team and they will work in an intercultural environment, both formal and non-formal. They will be expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The timetable will include space for work, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit of 275€ (180€ for volunteers coming from cities close to the Portuguese border); volunteers facing serious economic obstacles will be able to request a higher limit.
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras would like to host pro-active volunteers, aged between 18-30 years, who bring their own ideas and opinions and that are able to jump into this journey that is a neighborhood project – with energy to collaborate with ongoing projects but also to add their own point of view or to create new ones.
They are not required to have any particular degree of formal education, the project is open to all volunteers who show interest in social and environmental issues and are willing to be part of the process of change in the course of nowadays society, tackling the problems we are currently facing as a community.
It would be also good if you also enjoy and have skills in communication and media, like writing articles and working with video and photography, although this isn’t a must.
Having some previous knowledge of the Portuguese language would also be good, but not mandatory.
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about an idea you would like to implement in the neighborhood (the format is absolutely free for you to choose, be as creative as possible).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter+presentation) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September, 25th 2019.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- only candidates from or residing in EU or EFTA may apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by October, 13th through our website.