ESC vacancy at SPEAK, Lisbon, Portugal
Hosting Organisation: SPEAK
Coordinating Organisation: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st November 2020
Activity end date: 31th October 2021
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (open to all program & partner countries)
Application deadline: 16th August 2020
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV and project specific motivation letter+ presentation (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
The Association aims to support, promote and encourage among young people, a philosophy of universal humanitarian values based on loyalty, fairness, dignity, justice and solidarity, working actively to aid multi-disabilities, fight against discrimination, exclusion and poverty, always rejecting any racial, political or religious commitments, without prejudice to the right of opinion, cooperation and assistance.
- Help create and facilitate non-formal education language and culture workshops;
- Prepare their own language and culture sessions with group dynamics and
pedagogical materials (with help from the team);
- Organize intercultural events with SPEAK local community;
- Provide support to the SPEAK community, answering to queries and implementing quality control processes;
- Answer to queries about the Association and the SPEAK program;
- Prepare content for the organization’s communication channels and update them.
The volunteer will also be highly encouraged to implement, individually or in group, his/her own project activities/ideas with the support and guidance of the hosting organisation.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit of 275€ (180€ for volunteers coming from cities close to the Portuguese border); volunteers facing economic obstacles will be able to request a higher limit, depending on their country of residence.
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city centre as possible. If the apartment is located in the city centre, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so, wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, initiative and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who are available to commit to a long-term experience of volunteer work abroad. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about SPEAK (the format is absolutely free for you to choose!; for the best content do a little research on their website and communication channels!).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + SPEAK) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16th August 2020.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project is already approved by the ESC Program;
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- candidates residing in any of the program countries may apply;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by September 13th through our website.