ESC vacancy at JFL, S. Vicente School, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating Organization, is currently looking for 1 ESC volunteer for an approved project with our local partner Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar.
Hosting Organization: Junta de Freguesia do Lumiar
Coordinating Organization: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st March 2021
Activity end date: 28th, February, 2022
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for residents in EU or EFTA)
Application deadline: January, 24th, 2021
Application consists of: filling this Google form+ CV and project-specific motivation letter + presentation of a project (more information below)
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Lumiar, is the local council of the Lumiar area in Lisbon. In this institution, the volunteers are going to cooperate with the Education Department, namely they are going to work at a local school recreation center on São Vicente school. There is also a call open for another recreation center of the parish, you can check all the details and how to apply as here.
- Collaborate with the Education/Educators’ Coordinating team
- Facilitate and promote activities with children and school community
- Program and implement new projects in the area of education together with the Coordinating team and Educators
- Prepare materials, tools for activities with children, both indoors and outdoors
- Support in after-school activities for children and youngsters
- Support children and youngsters in doing homework
- Contribute to teaching songs, dances and games with children and youngsters
- Support the educators during summer day camp activities with children and youngsters
JF Lumiar intends to support the volunteers in creating their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the work place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with children and youngsters and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad. Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- presentation about an idea/project you would like to implement with the children
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter+presentation) should be sent to email@example.com no later than January, 24th, 2021
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has already received funding from the ESC Program;
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- only residents in EU or EFTA countries may apply;
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by February, 24th through our website.