ESC vacancy at Viver Telheiras, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 ESC volunteer for our partner organization, Associação Viver Telheiras.
Hosting Organisation: Viver Telheiras
Coordinating Organisation: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st October 2021
Activity end date: 30th September, 2022
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for residents in all program&partner countries)
Application deadline: July, 7th, 2021
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV and project specific motivation letter+ short presentation about idea (more information below)
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which facilitates community dynamics in the neighbourhood of Telheiras, in Lisbon, interconnecting local population, institutions and economic activities’ interests and needs. It works together with all these groups, in order to achieve a better overall quality of life in the neighbourhood of Telheiras.
- Participating in projects of different organizations of our “neighbourhood organizations network” (Parceria Local de Telheiras), working with different publics (children, elderly, disabled), according to volunteer’s interests and local needs;
- Be part of the team that organizes the Neighbourhood Festival where music, dance, sports, culture are all put together in a big “street social party”;
- Support in the organization of social and cultural events for the local community;
- Organize workshops on different themes;
- Manage and promote the neighborhood’s Shared Resource Centre, including securing opening hours, managing inventory and customer service;
- Collaborate on the creation and management of content for social media and the Association’s website, providing information to the population;
- Support in daily management and simple administrative procedures, both indoors and outdoors;
- Production of photography/short films about the neighbourhood, its residents, commerce and activities;
- Development of a personal project, taking into account interests and skills of the volunteer and the needs and resources of the community working directly with institutions of the Parceria Local de Telheiras, implementing their own project with specific groups of the population, depending on their interest.
Volunteers are going to be considered and treated as members of the team and they will work in an intercultural environment, both formal and non-formal. They will be expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The timetable will include space for work, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city centre as possible. If the apartment is located in the city centre, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so, wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday)as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras would like to host pro-active volunteers, aged between 18-30 years, who bring their own ideas and opinions and that are able to jump into this journey that is a neighbourhood project – with energy to collaborate with ongoing projects but also to add their own point of view or to create new ones.
They are not required to have any particular degree of formal education, the project is open to all volunteers who show interest in social and environmental issues and are willing to be part of the process of change in the course of nowadays society, tackling the problems we are currently facing as a community.
It would be also good if you also enjoy and have skills in communication and media, like writing articles and working with video and photography, although this isn’t a must.
Having some previous knowledge of the Portuguese language would also be good, but not mandatory.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about an idea you would like to implement in the neighbourhood (the format is absolutely free for you to choose, be as creative as possible).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation) should be sent to email@example.com no later than July, 7th, 2021.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- In this selection process priority will be given to candidates whose profile is well-suited to the proposed activities and who can be considered fewer opportunities candidates;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 4th through our website.
I want to participate in this volunteer service
Hi Said, Thank you for the interest! For all info, follow the instructions above to apply (read carefully all the article and especially the paragraph of selection process). Hope to have helped!
I’m from Turkey. I want to participate in this project. I’m worried about the language. Can someone with a basic level of English participate?
Dear Uğur, first of all thanks for your interest in our projects! Yes, you can apply, please follow the instructions in order to apply. Good luck!
I hope this message finds you well,
I am a student at Alexandria University, Egypt. I am so excited to participate in your program, but there is one thing I can’t understand which is the presentation. The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation). What is the ideal version of this presentation? and what should I write in? could you explain more, please?
All the best.
Hello Taher! Thanks for your interest in our project. We ask all candidates to create a short presentation about an idea they would like to implement in the neighbourhood of Telheiras, based on the research they do themselves on the website and communication channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.). The form of the presentation is completely free for the candidate to choose. It may be a slideshow, a poster, a video, a photo collage, a drawing or even a poem or a song. It is up to the candidate and depends on their preference and skills/talents. Hope to have helped!
Hello dear Spin family. I want to apply this precious project but i dont have a sending/supporting organization. Can i still apply ? Thank you.
Dear Emre, thanks for your interest. You don’t need to have a sending/supporting organisation for applying to the project. However when candidates are selected for the project, they need a sending organisation in the home country. Thank you again!
İngilizce dil seviyesi iyi olmayanlar da başvurabilir mi
Hi Ceren! Thanks for your message Please sure you use English, as we didn’t understand your message.
Hello to all
My name is Sarah, I am 23 yo and I am from Tunisia.
I am very interested in this program and I really want to join.
I would like to know what the deadline is? In the selection process, you mention that “complete applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 7, 2021″ and in the final remarks, you mention that the results will be known on August 4.
Can someone explain this to me? I need to know if I still have time to apply. Thank you!
Dear Sarah, thanks for your interest in Viver Telheiras ESC project! The deadline to apply to this project is on July 7th. At the top of the article, there is the application deadline: July, 7th, 2021. However, there was a small lapse and we have notice that in the middle of the article application deadline was not the correct. Thanks for noticing it, we have corrected it and there is the correct deadline in all article. Best Regards.
Has the result of the application been announced? It was said that you can see it on the website on August 4, but I could not find it. I have not received any mail regarding this. I was eagerly waiting for it to be announced
I would be very grateful if you could announced.
Have a nice day.