ESC vacancies at Spin, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as Supporting and Hosting organization, is currently looking for 2 ESC volunteers for a project starting in March, 2023!
Hosting Organization: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st March 2023
Activity end date: 31st January 2024
Activity duration: 11 months
Vacancies: 2 (for residents from all program & partner countries)
Application deadline: January 8th, 2023
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV + project-specific motivation letter + presentation about Spin Association (more information below)
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associação Spin para o Intercâmbio, Formação e Cooperação entre os Povos («Spin Association for Exchange, Training and Cooperation among Peoples») is a non-profit nationwide association, whose fundamental objectives are to promote and defend the intercultural dialogue, human rights, equal opportunities, solidarity and social inclusion. The organization’s main activity consists of promoting and implementing intercultural exchanges, (inter)cultural activities, training courses and other international cooperation projects. Its headquarters is located in Bairro Padre Cruz – Lisbon, Portugal.
The volunteers will participate in the activities of the European Programmes and Mobility Department, which can include:
– help in the logistical organization of Spin’s international projects (Youth Exchanges, Training Courses, etc.);
– administrative support to Spin’s sending activities (Portuguese ESC volunteers or groups of Portuguese participants in Youth Exchanges, Training Courses, etc.);
– help in the organization of and active participation in Information Sessions about Erasmus+ at the office, in schools, seminars and conferences in order to promote the program;
– research and collecting information on international mobility opportunities for Spin’s monthly newsletter and Spin’s website, blog, Facebook and Twitter.
In the Image and Communication Department, the volunteers will :
– contribute to content creation (text, graphic and audio-visual) and regular updates of the blog, website, Facebook and Twitter pages;
– prepare the monthly newsletter;
– create brochures, posters, flyers and other promotional materials;
– distribute and share flyers, brochures, posters and/or other promotional materials for youth related events through social networks, in the Carnide area and specifically in schools and universities of the Lisbon Metropolitan area;
– document all Spin’s activities and disseminate the information.
All volunteers will also support the management and staff of the SPIN Hostel (by hosting groups, answering to requests for information, cooking and cleaning together with international groups, arranging cultural activities with the groups staying in the Hostel, decorating the rooms, creating and maintaining communication regarding the Hostel, etc.).
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Supporting & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 45 minutes to reach the office by bus and subway. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (which sometimes may not be Saturday or Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEER PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. Any knowledge of Portuguese will be considered a plus, however it is not a requirement.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter,
- short presentation about Spin Association (the format is absolutely free for you to choose!; for the best content do a little research on our various websites and communication channels!).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation about Associação Spin) should be sent to email@example.com no later than on January 8th, 2023.
FINAL REMARKS (please read carefully):
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by January, 15th through our website.
Beni kabul etmenizi rica ediyorum
Hi Muhammed, thanks for your message Please make sure you use English, as we didn’t understand your message. Cheers!
Kabul edilmemi sizden en içten dileklerimle istiyorum
Hello, I am Muhammed Oral. I sincerely ask you to accept me. Thank you for reading my letter.
Dear Muhammed, thank you for your interest in our project! Please make sure you have sent all the attachments to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. All information about a complete application is noted above in the section “SELECTION PROCESS”. Thank you!
Your association fully meets my expectations, I would like to join your association voluntarily to devote my time to a useful cause. Therefore, I have the freedom to present my application to you.
Since I have wanted to give my time to a charity for a long time, your association is the one that suits me best.
By making sure that you receive a large number of applications and that eventually everyone is not invested too much, I will be able to demonstrate a large investment because I am always ambitious and very invested in the tasks I assign myself. Sociable, I fit easily into a team and I’m sure you’ll be glad to have me among your volunteers.
I hope you will respond positively to my application. I remain at your full disposal for any additional information and reach a possible agreement.
Hi there! Thank you for the interest Please follow the instructions above in order to apply. Good luck!
Dear Spin Association,
You have an amazing opportunity that I have been looking for for a long time! I have one question regarding the selection process:
After filling out a Google form, it is automatically sent to you. Do I need to additionally download it and attach it to the letter when submitting my application for the project?
Or just fill out the form and send it at the same time as the letter, which includes the rest of the files?
Thank you a lot!
Hi there! Thank you for the interest It is not necessary to download the form and send it to us, so you may just send us the other required documents. Good luck!
I hope everyone is good I am reaching out to ask if people from Morocco are eligible for this program.
Hi there! Thank you for the interest Please check here the countries whose participants are eligible for this program: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/countries-covered_en
Dear spin association,
I am highly interested in this project, however, I wanted to ask what is meant with the task” short presentation about Spin Association ” for the application. Should I present what the association is about? I am quite confused. I am looking forward to your answer.
Hi! The short presentation we ask for applications can be in any format of your choice, like a PowerPoint, a drawing, a video or any other thing you may think of, as long as you explain what the organization is about! You can be creative For the best content do a little research on our various websites and communication channels!