ESC vacancy at Viver Telheiras, Lisbon, Portugal
Associação Spin, acting as the coordinating organization, is currently looking for 1 ESC volunteer for our partner organization, Associação Viver Telheiras.
Hosting Organisation: Viver Telheiras
Coordinating Organisation: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st October 2022
Activity end date: 30th September 2023
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for residents in all program&partner countries)
Application deadline: July 10th, 2022
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV and project specific motivation letter+ short presentation about idea (more information below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras is a non-profit, non-governmental organization which facilitates community dynamics in the neighbourhood of Telheiras, in Lisbon, interconnecting local population, institutions and economic activities’ interests and needs. It works together with all these groups, in order to achieve a better overall quality of life in the neighbourhood of Telheiras.
- Participating in projects of different organizations of our “neighborhood organizations network” (Parceria Local de Telheiras), working with different publics (children, elderly, disabled), according to volunteer’s interests and local needs;
- Be part of the team that organizes the Neighborhood Festival where music, dance, sports, culture are all put together in a big “street social party”;
- Support in the organization of social and cultural events for the local community;
- Organize workshops on different themes;
- Manage and promote the neighborhood’s Shared Resource Centre, including securing opening hours, managing inventory and customer service;
- Collaborate on the creation and management of content for social media and the Association’s website, providing information to the population;
- Support in daily management and simple administrative procedures, both indoors and outdoors;
- Production of photography/short films about the neighborhood, its residents, commerce and activities;
- Development of a personal project, taking into account interests and skills of the volunteer and the needs and resources of the community working directly with institutions of the Parceria Local de Telheiras, implementing their own project with specific groups of the population, depending on their interest.
Volunteers are going to be considered and treated as members of the team and they will work in an intercultural environment, both formal and non-formal. They will be expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The timetable will include space for work, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city centre as possible. If the apartment is located in the city centre, the volunteers will spend around 35 minutes to reach the working place. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so, wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 180€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 150€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually on Saturday and Sunday)as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Associação Viver Telheiras – Centro de Convergência de Telheiras would like to host pro-active volunteers, aged between 18-30 years, who bring their own ideas and opinions and that are able to jump into this journey that is a neighbourhood project – with energy to collaborate with ongoing projects but also to add their own point of view or to create new ones.
They are not required to have any particular degree of formal education, the project is open to all volunteers who show interest in social and environmental issues and are willing to be part of the process of change in the course of nowadays society, tackling the problems we are currently facing as a community.
It would be also good if you also enjoy and have skills in communication and media, like writing articles and working with video and photography, although this isn’t a must.
Having some previous knowledge of the Portuguese language would also be good, but not mandatory.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter
- short presentation about an idea you would like to implement in the neighborhood (the format is absolutely free for you to choose, be as creative as possible).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 10th, 2022.
Final remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has NOT received funding from the European Solidarity Corps Program yet, so it is NOT 100% sure that it will start on October 2022;
- this is an open call with no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- please make sure you are registered with the European Solidarity Corps;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August, 10th through our website.
Dear Sir or Madam,
Subject: Request for voluntary service
It is an honour for me to submit my nomination to join your distinguished organization.
I report that I am a 25-year-old Moroccan with a Bachelor of Arts in Geography in 2020 and received an Information Certificate (Word Excel-Powerpoint) in 2015. I have extensive experience in volunteering and cultural activities and I have experience in leisure activities with children at the Youth Centre.
I have a lot of interest in this volunteer work because I love providing social assistance, I love helping people with special needs, and I have a social experience with a group of young people helping older people in social centers.
Thank you for your interest in my request, and please accept, Mr. Director, my distinguished greetings.
Yassine El Gourch
Hi Yassine! Thank you for the interest. Please follow the instructions in order to apply. Good luck!
I am Mohamed Haithem Chaabane, I am 26 years old, I study law and political sciences at Ziane Ashour University. I love volunteer work because I have volunteered before in some fields such as the afforestation and planting campaign, As well as helping children and teaching them letters and numbers, and i have the honor to communicate with you regarding this opportunity and to work with you in it.
Hi there! Thank you for the interest Please follow the instructions above in order to apply. Good luck!
Dear Mrs. or Mr.,
Do you do this project every year?
Because I have a creative idea, but I need to improve myself in this field a little bit. Still, I want to participate in this project in particular. If you don’t do this every yar, I will come up with another idea.
Hi there, thank you for your interest in our project! We plan to open ESC vacancies every year, however this is uncertain and unfortunately we are unable to confirm this information. If you have any further questions, please let us know. All the best!
Merhabalar ben savas istanbulda oturuyorum spor bilimleri fakültei 3. sınıf öğrencisiyim çucuklarla çalışmayı çok seviyorum bu gönüllü çalışmada bulunmak istiyorum …
Hello! Please check the selection process here: https://www.a-spin.pt/english/?p=4016
Just a quick information: is this project still open for volunteers?
Thank you in advance!
Hello Maria! Please check the selection process here: https://www.a-spin.pt/english/?p=4016