ESC vacancy at Crescer a Cores, Lisbon, Portugal
Hosting Organization: Associação Crescer a Cores
Coordinating Organization: Associação Spin
Activity start date: 1st November 2023
Activity end date: 30th September 2024
Activity duration: 11 months
Vacancies: 2 (for volunteers residing in Spain, France or Italy exclusively)
Application deadline: 31st July 2023
Application consists of: filling this Google form + CV, project-specific motivation letter and presentation (more info below)
Application sent to: email@example.com
Crescer a Cores – Associação de Solidariedade Social – IPSS is recognized by the Portuguese law as a charity organization. It is a non-profit association with regional reach and its main aim is to accompany and support the social inclusion of vulnerable children, youngsters and families, through providing community responses and services within the fields of psychology, education and health. The ESC volunteers will work mainly with the organization’s biggest target group: children aged 4 months to 4 years old.
PROPOSED VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
- Provide support to the educators in the daily activities for children aged 4-36 months old (general support, helping with meals, hygiene and cleaning, telling stories, puppet theatres, playing with the children, drawing and painting, etc.);
- Support in the organization of cultural events with families, children and local community by preparing creative informative materials, making contacts with stakeholders, arranging decorations and preparing the spaces for hosting the beneficiaries;
- Collaborating in local projects with the community on the frames of project “Pulsar” which promotes the dialogue, interaction and local interventions among neighbours and residents of the local council parish (Carnide);
- Participate in creating materials and activities & in the organization and implementation of celebration days and Summer activities with children.
Crescer a Cores intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Travel cost – The two-way travel (from place of residence to Lisbon and back) will be reimbursed up to the limit given by the distance band of the place of residence, according with ESC rules;
- Accommodation – Coordinating & hosting organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and the city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend around 45 minutes to reach the workplace by bus and subway. The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person (room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin). They may also – if so, wished by the volunteer – receive a monthly accommodation allowance and be solely responsible for finding and paying for their own accommodation.
- Food & transportation – A monthly allowance of 210€ will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 180€ as pocket money.
- Working hours – The volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language learning, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
- Days off – Volunteers are entitled to two days off per week (usually Saturday and Sunday) as well as 2 extra days of vacation for every month of their voluntary work.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities. It is not required to have any degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, age and maturity are important due to direct work with small children and families in the neighborhood. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with small children and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long-term experience of volunteer work abroad. We will give some priority to candidates who have at least a basic level of Portuguese, however it’s not a requirement for the application.
All candidates must be registered with the European Solidarity Corps.
In order to be considered for the vacancies, each candidate has to fill this Google form and send (in only 1 single e-mail):
- up-to-date CV,
- project-specific Motivation Letter,
- short presentation about an idea you would like to implement with the children (the format is absolutely free for you to choose, be as creative as possible).
The complete applications (CV + project-specific Motivation Letter + presentation) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than on 31st July 2023.
FINAL REMARKS (please read carefully):
- this project is already approved by the ESC Program;
- only candidates residing in Italy, France or Spain may apply;
- as this volunteer placement involves direct work with children, the selected volunteers will have to provide us with their criminal record certificates;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- one vacancy has no assigned sending/supporting organization (we will partner up with the sending organization of the selected volunteer);
- In this selection process priority will be given to candidates whose profile is well-suited to the proposed activities and who can be considered fewer opportunities candidates;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by August 25th through our website.
All Spin Association’s projects aim to contribute to the dissemination and implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, unanimously approved by 193 UN Member States in 2015.