“Make it happen!” Youth Exchange
We are currently looking for sending partners for a multilateral KA1 Youth Exchange! We intend to apply for the Erasmus+ funding on February, 4th. If you are interested in being our partner organization, read the call below!
Name: Make it happen!
Theme: active citizenship, volunteering, community development
Host Organization: Associação Spin
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Exchange dates: 27 June – 5 July 2015
APV dates: 29 – 31 May 2015
Partner application deadline: 1 February 2015
In 2015 Lisbon is the European Capital of Volunteering. This Youth Exchange intends to sensitize youngsters from several European countries to the importance of voluntary work as an expression of active citizenship and solidarity. Through information sessions and implementation of voluntary actions in Bairro Padre Cruz in Lisbon, we wish to celebrate the title of the European Capital of Volunteering attributed to our city, promote the voluntary work spirit among the young participants and the knowledge of social problematic issues existing in that area of Lisbon.
– to promote volunteering as an expression of active citizenship and solidarity
– to celebrate Lisbon´s title of the European Capital of Volunteering
– to encourage the young participants to engage in volunteer activities
– to promote the knowledge of Bairro Padre Cruz and Carnide areas
– to create intercultural learning moments among the participants from several European countries and between them and the community of Carnide
– to contribute to the development of the Bairro Padre Cruz community
– workshop on volunteering (non-formal methodology)
– sharing good practices and past experiences
– interventions in Bairro Padre Cruz (cleaning, painting, renovation, planting, etc.)
– study visits to local NGOs
– brainstorming on voluntary service promotion
– preparation of an e-publication and an exhibition promoting voluntary service
– the travels (APV and YE) will be reimbursed up to the limit established by the Erasmus+ Program Guide
– accommodation, food and activities will be covered by the host organization
– there is no participation fee
Partner Organization´s responsibilities:
– select and prepare(!) the leaders and participants for the exchange (preparation is not only to help in the ticket purchase, but also to exhaustively explain to the participants what a YE is and what type of methodology will be used); both the leaders and the participants must know from early on that they are not tourists and that free time will be scarce
– make sure that all leaders attend the APV (29-31 May) and lead some of the YE´s activities
– make sure the participants take active part in the preparatory phase (investigate and prepare presentations)
– contribute to the visibility and dissemination of the project
To be partners, you should:
– be an eligible institution from a Program Country
– read this call very carefully and agree to all its conditions
– send your Partner Information Form and Mandate to email@example.com by February, 1st (please make sure you mention the name “Make it happen!” in the subject line of your e-mail).
Aneta Dawidziuk (Project Manager)
+351 217 145 520
Please share this call with all interested organizations. We are looking forward to your applications and to cooperating with you!