EVS Vacancy in J.F.Carnide, Sport Dept. (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the coordinating organization, is currently looking for one Italian volunteer for our partner institution, Junta de Freguesia de Carnide.
Host: Junta de Freguesia de Carnide
Coordinator: Associação Spin
Project name: Down to Earth
Activity start date: 1st October 2016
Activity end date: 30th September 2017
Activity duration: 12 months
Vacancies: 1 (for Italian residents exclusively)
Application deadline: 31st August
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The hosting institution, Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, is the local administrative unit of the Carnide area in Lisbon. In this organization, the volunteer is going to work in the Sport Department.
The volunteer’s tasks will be to:
- Collaborate in the communication with local partners and local community residents
- Participate in meetings of the Community’s Youth, Sport, Education and Social Advisory Council of Carnide
- Support the coordinating team during Summer animations activities with children and youngsters
- Research, compilation and organization of all information related to Sports practiced in the parish
- Collection and organization of photographic files and creation of digital photographic archive for the Sport activities developed
- Create media materials for promotion and dissemination of the events (videos, photos, posters, flyers)
- Help designing Sports Training for Technicians, Managers and participants
- Help implementing and follow-up projects as Olisipiadas, Aldeia do Desporto among others
- Preparing and settling up sportive events: help the organization of the event, take care of the specific arrangements for the settle up and general support the sports coordinator team
- Front office and back office work: reply to requests of information of general public, preparing press releases, contacts with participants, public authorities and local partners, sports associations and clubs, etc.
“Junta de Freguesia de Carnide” intends to support the volunteers to create their own events or initiatives, in accordance with their principles and upon Board’s approval. To get a general idea of the EVS at Junta de Freguesia de Carnide, watch a four-part documentary made about previous volunteers (it is in Portuguese): part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.
Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. Their timetable will include space for work in the Culture Department, language lessons, days off, social activities and development of their own project ideas, etc.
Concerning the stay of the EVS volunteers, the coordinating organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in an apartment, double bedroom with fully equipped kitchen, toilet, laundry facilities and living room. The costs with electricity, water, gas, tv, are covered by the Coordinating Organization. The volunteers will have to share the apartment with other volunteers/students/young people. Each volunteer will also be sharing their room with another youngster, volunteer or student, of the same gender. The flat will have all standard and safe living conditions as well as respect all hygiene and general Portuguese safety standards. It will be located as close as possible to the workplace and the city center. The Coordinating Organization will provide towels and bed linen for the entire period of the project.
The volunteer will use the public transportation network with the “Lisboa Viva” card which will be provided.
A monthly allowance is provided by the coordinating organization to cover food expenses and local public transportation, including also pocket money. The volunteer will be provided with lunch free of charge on every working day.
We are looking for young motivated volunteers aged 18-30, open minded, eager to learn about new cultures and lifestyles, as well as to participate in the project activities in the local community. It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility, motivation and enthusiasm. In this project, patience and the capacity to work in a team will be highly appreciated. We encourage applications especially from youngsters who already have some experience in volunteering or in working with children and youngsters and are, at this moment, available to commit to a long term experience of volunteer work abroad and willing to know more about the work developed in the sport and youth sector in a special community of Lisbon, Carnide. Priority is given to candidates with fewer opportunities (please consult the sending organization whether this status applies in your situation). Any knowledge of Portuguese is a plus, however it is not a requirement.
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has already received funding from the Erasmus+ Program, so it is sure that it starts in October
- only candidates residing in Italy can apply (our sending partner organization is from Italy, there is no possibility of change in this regard)
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents
- we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline
- send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) will not be considered
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview)
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by September, 15th through our website