EVS vacancies at SOS Animal (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating Organization, is currently looking for 2 EVS volunteers for a project starting in September 2015!
SOS Animal is a private, non-profit association that aims at the protection and defense of all animals and their habitat, through training and information for humans, in order to stimulate compassion, respect and understanding for all species.
Activities proposed to the volunteers:
– Support in general activities at the animal hospital
– Support in the implementation of animal welfare projects
– Events and campaigns’ organization and communication
– Fundraising through events organization and campaigns
– Establishing strategic partnerships with national and international players
– Support in legal affairs connected with animal’s rights issues
– Lobbying strategies
– Support in daily management and simple administrative procedures
Moreover, by working within the organization’s ongoing projects, volunteers will attend meetings, promote networking between different institutions, write documents, organize community events and be a part of the planning and evaluation processes.
Volunteer profile: Who are we looking for?
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities.
It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. We will give some priority to candidates who have at least a basic level of Portuguese and/or some experience in working/volunteering at animal welfare projects/institutions.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – The Coordinating Organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend 35-45 minutes in public transportation (subway & bus) to reach the hosting placement.
The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person.
Room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin.
- Food – A monthly allowance of 185,65 Euro will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 100 Euros for pocket money.
- Working hours – Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language lessons, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
Volunteers are entitled to two days off for every month of their voluntary work.
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application sent ONLY to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 7th April 2015
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has not received funding from the Erasmus+ Program yet, we are going to apply for funding to the Portuguese National Agency on April, 30th;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- the deadline for sending your application is April, 7th, 2015, we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline;
- all the applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org EXCLUSIVELY; applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) or other e-mail addresses will not be considered;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by April, 20th through our website