EVS vacancies at Azimute Radical (Lisbon, Portugal)
Associação Spin, acting as the Coordinating Organization, is currently looking for 2 EVS volunteers for a project starting in September 2015!
Coordinating Organization: Associação Spin (2012-PT-21)
Host Organization: Associação Azimute Radical (930184702)
Project lasts: 12 months
EVS service dates: September 2015 – August 2016
Azimute Radical is a non-profit association founded in 2001, dedicated to the practice of adventure sports and recreational activities for children and youngsters. The main goal of the association is to promote the integration of children and youngsters (main target group) in the society, empowering them to become active citizens, also preventing school drop-out and criminality through the practice of sports and involvement in the inherent responsibilities connected with the organization of adventures activities.
Activities proposed to the volunteers:
– to manage and organize adventure sports and cultural activities in the Casa da Juventude in Carnide, in the Adventure Park and in other places of Lisbon’s Metropolitan area;
– with support and guidance of experienced staff, engage in Azimute’s activities as public (in order to be able to try out all the available sports), and as a monitor by supporting within volunteer’s own possibilities, the preparation and implementation of the activities;
– receive training as monitor for adventure parks and sports;
– help in planning and setting up strategies for the marketing, communication and dissemination of information about Azimute’s activities;
– contribute to updating of communication channels of the association;
– support the activities, courses and workshops developed in the Casa da Juventude of carnide, organized by Azimute and local partners for children and youngsters.
Azimute Radical, with its members’s support and guidance, will especially encourage EVS volunteers to be pro-active and to create their own project initiatives for children and youngsters.
Volunteers aged 18-30 years, open minded, eager to learn and motivated to work on the proposed project activities.
It is not required to have any particular degree of formal education, but to have positive and proactive attitude, show tolerance, flexibility and capacity to adapt, motivation and enthusiasm. We will give some priority to candidates with at least a basic level of Portuguese and/or high interest in adventure and outdoor sports.
LOGISTICS & PRACTICAL INFO:
- Accommodation – The Coordinating Organization, Associação Spin, will provide the lodging in a flat as close to the office and city center as possible. If the apartment is located in the city center, the volunteers will spend 35-45 minutes in public transportation (subway & bus) to reach the hosting placement.
The volunteers will have to share the room with another volunteer/student/young person.
Room and connected expenses are paid by Associação Spin.
- Food – A monthly allowance of 185,65 Euro will be provided by Associação Spin to cover food expenses and local public transportation.
- Pocket money – Every month the volunteer will receive 100 Euros for pocket money.
- Working hours – Volunteers are expected to spend 30-35 hours a week working. The daily timetable includes time for language lessons, lunch, social activities and development of own project ideas, etc.
Volunteers are entitled to two days off for every month of their voluntary work.
Application consists of: CV and project-specific motivation letter
Application sent ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 7th April 2015
Special remarks (please read carefully):
- this project has not received funding from the Erasmus+ Program yet, we are going to apply for funding to the Portuguese National Agency on April, 30th;
- we only accept complete applications that contain all the required documents;
- the deadline for sending your application is April, 7th, 2015, we can´t consider applications sent after the deadline;
- all the applications must be sent to email@example.com EXCLUSIVELY; applications sent through other communication channels (Facebook, Youthnetworks, etc.) or other e-mail addresses will not be considered;
- due to the high number of candidates, we are only able to contact the short-listed candidates (in order to invite them for a brief Skype interview);
- all the other candidates will be informed about the selection results by April, 20th through our website